Monday, February 1, 2010

Been a while

So yea. I meant to update this months ago but, well, I lose track of time. I guess the one advantage of working was that I was forced to sit in front of a computer all day (with very little to do) so I could easily find the time to update. However, after that last day of work, life got pretty hectic.

For starters, on that Monday, August 31, Aaron and I found out that we are being sent to Guangzhou, China, in July 2010. It's been taking me a while to accept that, even now in February 2010, I am having a hard time with it. I was totally convinced we'd be going to Latin America. I've been to Latin America and I'm comfortable with Latin America. Hell, I know enough survival Spanish to get by pretty well. Plus, the plane ride to get to China is over 15 hours long, even if it's nonstop. I'm really uncomfortable with that, if we were staying in this hemisphere I think the absolute longest we'd have to be on a plane would be 12 hours, maybe. For someone who flies pretty often, I have a very strong hatred for planes. Anyway, the one good thing out of us going to a post that I never wanted to go to (or at least, I was willing to go as our 2nd or 3rd tour, but not our first), means that our 2nd tour to be to a place of MY choosing. Aaron said that I get to pick it, order the bid list, and everything. So, my first pick will be Spain. Aaron never wanted to go to Europe, but I did, so if there are jobs in Spain, he's bidding on them. Barcelona or Madrid. Thank goodness for consulates! Second and third choices will be Chile and Argentina respectively. Aaron has no problem with that. Actually Aaron doesn't have a problem with any other Latin American posts I've picked, just Spain. But I do hope very much that we get Spain.

Okay so there's that, we're moving to China. Also, 2 weeks after I started my maternity leave (or exactly 1 week early), I went into labor! Augustine (Augie) was born on Monday, September 14, 2009, at 7:00(ish) AM. I guess my next post will be his birth story. He's now 4.5months old, and pretty much the best little kid in the entire world (especially since he's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old!). He has kept me pretty busy though.

We also had a ton of visitors in October, and then we took a bunch of trips between November and January. Actually, we're taking another one later in February. I'll make a post about those visitors and trips in the near future. I have to go flip Augie over, he's stuck on his stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment