Friday, August 28, 2009

The End

Today is my last day at work. When I say last, I really mean LAST. I'm not just going on maternity leave, I'm seriously never going back to work. Well. Maybe not "never." But, I am guaranteed to not NEED to work for at least the next 5 years, God-willing (Thanks, Aaron!). I'm sure I'll get bored at some point and decide to work again. But there are a few things I'd like to accomplish before I ever try to get another job.

For starters... I need an advanced degree. If I keep looking for jobs with just my Anthropology B.A. degree, I'll only be able to find secretarial/administrative positions, and after 2 full years and 3 summers working those types of positions, I'm really over them. I'd like something that takes a little more brain power and is less boring than answering phones and making copies. Of course, before I can get that advanced degree, I need to make a decision about what the heck I want to study and where I should go to get it. I would prefer a college that is not based online, but I may be limited to that since we'll be moving a lot.

The other thing I'd like to do before ever working again is to have at least one more baby. But I'm not in any hurry to get pregnant again, believe me. It's going to take me a few years to want to go through this again; it really hasn't been that bad, I just don't want to put my body through it too soon again. Plus I have no idea how I'm going to handle being pregnant while taking care of a small child at the same time. I don't want to space our kids out too far, but I have a feeling I won't be asking Aaron to knock me up for at least 2 to 3 more years after this one comes out.

So those are my two main goals for before looking for another job.


No comments:

Post a Comment